Drop the charges against MN Uprising defendants. Sign the Petition
A delegation from the Committee to Stop FBI Repression (CSFR) is in Washington D.C. today, Wednesday, November 17. Joe Iosbaker and Anh Pham, both targets of the FBI raids and Grand Jury repression, and Deb Konechne, who is coordinating, need your help today and tomorrow. The CSFR delegation plans to meet with U.S. Representatives in person to get a Dear Colleague Letter demanding an end to FBI raids and calling off the Grand Jury. While we are focusing on the Progressive Caucus and its 80 plus members (see below), we think that calling any and all the U.S. Representatives is worthwhile in bringing this issue of repression of the anti-war and international solidarity movement to their Washington D.C. offices.
We are asking you to call your U.S. Representative today and ask:
- Please meet face-to-face with today’s delegation from the Committee to Stop FBI Repression. Give the Representative’s office the delegation’s contact info: Deb Konechne at 651-487-0574 or write to Jess Sundin firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please initiate and sign a Dear Colleague Letter calling for an end to FBI raids and calling off the Grand Jury against anti-war activists.
To call your U.S. Representative
**Please call the Congressional Switchboard at 202-224-3121, give your U.S. House Representative’s name or give your zip code and ask to be connected.
**Go to http://www.house.gov/ and enter your zip code in the upper left corner where it says “Find Your Representative”. This will link you to the U.S. Representative’s web page, where you can find the Washington D.C. office phone number to call.
Thank you for calling in an effort to stop the repression of the anti-war and international solidarity movements, Tom Burke, on behalf of the CSFR
P.S. We are waiting on news about the reactivation of subpoenas.
Priority Phone Calls For Meetings and the Dear Colleague Letter
A. We have meetings with the following aides and whatnot, but we want you to call and politely ask for meetings with the U.S. Representative and request they initiate and sign a Dear Colleague Letter. So if you are in their Congressional District please call today!
1. Massachusetts Rep. Jim McGovern, 202-225-6101, Legislative Director Cindy Buhl, Wednesday at 10:30 AM
2. Illinois Rep. Jan Schakowsky, 202-225-2111, with aide Isaac Brown, Wednesday, 2:00 PM
3. Michigan Rep. John Conyers Jr., 202-225-5126, meeting with counsel from the Judiciary Committee – Michelle Milben and Elliot Mincberg, Wednesday, 3:00 PM
4. Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison, 202-225-4755, Thursday, 9:00 AM
B. Meetings we are seeking, but we need email requests and phone calls from you, the constituent, asking the U.S. Representative to meet with the delegation from the CSFR.
1. California Rep. Barbara Lee, 202-225-2661
2. California Rep. Mike Honda, 202-225-2631
3. California Rep. Sam Farr, 202-225-2861
4. Washington Rep. Brian Baird, 202-225-3536
5. Washington Rep. Jim McDermott, 202-225-3106
6. Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich, 202-225-5871
7. Illinois Rep. Bobby Rush, 202-225-4732
8. Illinois Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., 202-225-0773
9. Illinois Rep. Phil Hare, 202-225-5905
10. Illinois Rep. Bill Foster, 202-225-2976
11. Arizona Rep. Raul Grijalva, 202-225-2435
If you can help us to set up a meeting with any U.S. Representative on Wednesday or Thursday, then please email Jess Sundin at email@example.com asap.